Our approach to investing in new companies is based around our purpose and values, which combine entrepreneurial spirit and financial discipline.
We begin by looking for opportunities that are aligned with sectors and themes within our interests.
After identifying potential opportunities, we assess them against a set of clear investment criteria:
- Understanding: we invest only when we understand
- People: we back talent and look for cultural alignment
- Value: we decide based on value not only price
Following our assessment, we select companies that we believe have the capacity to become great. We define great companies as those that:
- Perform to the highest standards
- Seek renewal and change
- Are distinctive in what they do
- Act in a responsible way
Once we have invested in a company, we work with them to help define their path to greatness and support them in achieving their objectives. We pay particular attention to the directors whom we appoint to our companies’ boards, looking for “critical friends” who can support and challenge our CEOs and their leadership teams.